FAMOUS PEOPLE'S CANNABIS QUOTES (in Alphabetical order)
Albert Einstein (German born Theoretical physicist) quote on Marijuana -
"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."
(American Actor) quote on Marijuana -
"...the one that has the worst effect for me was pot. I felt silly and giggly - I hate feeling like that."
Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft Corporation) quote on Marijuana -
"As for drugs, marijuana was the pharmaceutical of choice..."
Bill Maher (American stand-up comedian, television host, political commentator, satirist, author, and actor.) quotes on Marijuana -
- “New Rule: If an Evangelical tries to use Halloween to pimp Jesus to kids, they get to egg his house. On Halloween, the president of the American Family Association urged his flock to hand out a Christian-based comic book instead of candy. Excuse me, Halloween isn't a time to push your beliefs. You don't see me handing out pot to kids...Okay, well not the little kids.”
- "Look, I have never made a secret of the fact that I have tried marijuana... About 50,000 times."
Bill Murray (American actor and comedian) quote on Marijuana -
"Arrested and convicted for possessing nine pounds of marijuana in 1970."
Billie Joe Armstrong
(American singer and songwriter, musician, guitarist,
multi-instrumentalist, and actor) quote on Marijuana -
"I'm an idiot anyway, but sometimes you feel like an idiot times ten when you're stoned."
Bob Marley (Jamaican reggae singer-songwriter) quotes on Marijuana -
- “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”
- “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”
- "Music and herb go together. It's been a long time now I smoke herb. From 1960's when I first start singing".
Brad Pitt (American actor) quote on Marijuana -
"I was hiding out from the celebrity thing, I was smoking way too much [marijuana]."
Bryan Cranston (American actor) quote on Marijuana -
"Pot always just made me sleepy.
Daniel Willey (American author) quote on Marijuana -
“One day in my pharmacology class, we were discussing the possibility of legalizing marijuana. The class was pretty evenly divided between those that advocated legalizing marijuana and those that did not. The professor said he wanted to hear from a few people on both sides of the argument. A couple students had the opportunity to stand in front of the class and present their arguments. One student got up and spoke about how any kind of marijuana use was morally wrong and how nobody in the class could give him any example of someone who needed marijuana.
small girl in the back of the classroom raised her hand and said that
she didn’t want to get up, but just wanted to comment that there are
SOME situations in which people might need marijuana. The same boy
from before spoke up and said that she needed to back up her statements
and that he still stood by the fact that there wasn’t anyone who truly
The same girl in the back of the classroom slowly stood up. As she raised her head to look at the boy, I could physically see her calling on every drop of confidence in her body. She told us that her husband had cancer. She started to tear up, as she related how he couldn’t take any of the painkillers to deal with the radiation and chemotherapy treatments. His body was allergic and would have violent reactions to them. She told us how he had finally given in and tried marijuana. Not only did it help him to feel better, but it allowed him to have enough of an appetite to get the nutrients he so desperately needed.
She started to sob as she told us that for the past month she had to meet with drug dealers to buy her husband the only medicine that would take the pain away. She struggled every day because according to society, she was a criminal, but she was willing to do anything she could to help her sick husband. Sobbing uncontrollably now, she ran out of the classroom. The whole classroom sat there in silence for a few minutes. Eventually, my professor asked, “Is there anyone that thinks this girl is doing something wrong?” Not one person raised their hand.”
David Faustino, (Actor "Bud" in televisions sitcom Married With Children) quote on Marijuana -
"We had an episode where Bud asks his dad, 'I was named after the beer, right, Dad?' And Ed O'Neill, who played my dad, says, 'Uh. . . . Right, son!' My theory is that Bud Bundy was named after marijuana.
Flynn Meaney (American Novelist) quote on Marijuana -
“If you skip one class, everyone knows about it. The teacher will track you down, or one of the guidance counsellors will track you down and ask if you're smoking pot. According to the geniuses running this place, the only reason you would skip class is if you're smoking pot, though I actually find my classes more enjoyable when I'm high.”
Gary Johnson (American politician, businessman, and member of the Libertarian Party) quote on Marijuana -
"In that state somebody came by and said. 'Gary? Would marijuana help do you think?' And my response was immediately, 'Yes, I don't know why I didn't think of it, but I think that would help immensely.' And it did."
Harry J Anslinger (assistant prohibition commissioner in the Bureau of Prohibition) quotes on Marijuana -
- "The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."
- "How many murders, suicides, robberies, criminal assaults, holdups, burglaries and deeds of maniacal insanity it causes each year, especially among the young, can only be conjectured...No one knows, when he places a marijuana cigarette to his lips, whether he will become a joyous reveller in a musical heaven, a mad insensate, a calm philosopher, or a murderer..."
- "Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and marijuana smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others. It is a drug that causes insanity, criminality, and death — the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."
- “In the year 1090, there was founded in Persia the religious and military order of the Assassins, whose history is one of cruelty, barbarity, and murder, and for good reason: the members were confirmed users of hashish, or marihuana, and it is from the Arabs’ ‘hashashin’ that we have the English word ‘assassin.’
- “Users of marijuana become STIMULATED as they inhale the drug and are LIKELY TO DO ANYTHING. Most crimes of violence in this section, especially in country districts are laid to users of that drug.” “Was it marijuana, the new Mexican drug, that nerved the murderous arm of Clara Phillips when she hammered out her victim’s life in Los Angeles?… THREE-FOURTHS OF THE CRIMES of violence in this country today are committed by DOPE SLAVES — that is a matter of cold record.”
Jack Herer (American author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes) quotes on Marijuana -
- "Growing hemp as nature designed it is vital to our urgent need to reduce greenhouse gases and ensure the survival of our planet."
- "If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you'll add eight to 24 years to your life."
- "Many artists and writers have used cannabis for creative stimulation - from the writers of the world's religious masterpieces to our most irreverent satirists."
- "The only dead bodies from marijuana are in the prisons and at the hands of the police. This is ridiculous."
- "Well, as I understand it, the main supporters are beer companies and the pharmaceutical companies. I'd like them to show me the dead bodies from marijuana. But they can't because there aren't any." "But you can count the dead bodies from alcohol, tobacco, and legal pharmaceuticals by the millions."
Jack Layton (Canadian NDP party politician) quote on Marijuana -
"Yes, and some might say I've never exhaled."
- "Open Access to Scientific Information is a priceless privilege derived from the consequences of freedom."
- "Google? Screw them, I made my own."
John Hickenlooper (42nd Governor of Colorado)
quote on Marijuana -
"As I've already been open in the past, and as I assume many would expect, I made personal choices when I was younger that I neither support nor condone for others, and certainly wouldn't encourage through public policy."
John Wayne (American actor) quote on
"There's been no top authority saying what marijuana does to you. I really don't know that much about it. I tried it once but it didn't do anything to me."
Jon Stewart (American comedian) quote on Marijuana - "Do you know how many movies I wrote when I was high?"
Justin Trudeau (23rd Prime Minister of Canada with the Liberal Party) quotes on Marijuana -
“No, it wasn’t a mistake,” Trudeau told journalists in Quebec City.
- “I do not consume cannabis. I am not a big consumer at all. I tried it…
- “I’ve never tried other types of hard drugs. I am not a consumer of marijuana but, yes, I’ve already tried it. I used it – maybe five or six times in my life.”
- "The continued prohibition of cannabis jeopardizes the health and well-being of Canadians much more than does the substance itself.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (American
retired professional basketball player) quote on Marijuana -
"I use it to control the nausea which comes with the headaches"
Madonna (American singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, and businesswoman)
quote on Marijuana -
"It [my behavior on the show in 1994] wasn't because I was excited about you [David Letterman]. I think it may have had something to do with the joint I smoked before I came on."
Maya Angelou (American poet, memoirist, and civil rights activist) quote on Marijuana - "Angelou settled into a job as a waitress and began smoking marijuana with abandon."
Michael Bloomberg (American business magnate, politician, and philanthropist) quote on Marijuana -
"You bet I did. And I enjoyed it."
Norman Mailer (American novelist, journalist, essayist, playwright, film-maker, actor, and political activist)
quote on Marijuana -
"One's condition on marijuana is always existential. One can feel the importance of each moment and how it is changing one. One feels one's being, one becomes aware of the enormous apparatus of nothingness -- the hum of a hi-fi set, the emptiness of a pointless interruption, one becomes aware of the war between each of us, how the nothingness in each of us seeks to attack the being of others, how our being in turn is attacked by the nothingness in others"
Oliver Stone (American film director, screenwriter, and producer.)
quote on Marijuana -
"I went to Vietnam, and I was there for a long time [Using marijuana} made the difference between staying human or, as Michael Douglas said, becoming a beast."
Randy Kagan (Stand up comedian, actor and writer) quote on Marijuana - “
I definitely believe marijuana helps with menstruation. Since I started smoking pot, my girlfriend’s period has become painless for me”
Richard Branson (English business magnate, investor, and philanthropist)
"Millions of otherwise productive lives are wasted in jail for marijuana possession and other nonviolent drug violations. California alone could raise an estimated US $1.4B in annual revenue if it taxed and regulated the sale of marijuana – so imagine the revenue that is keeping the underworld in business."
Roger O. Egeberg (American medical educator, administrator and advocate of public health)
(August 14, 1974) quote on Marijuana -
"Since there is still a considerable void in our knowledge of the plant and effects of the active drug contained in it, our recommendation is that marijuana be retained within schedule 1 at least until the completion of certain studies now underway to resolve the issue."
Ronald Reagan (40th President of the United States) quote on Marijuana -
"I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-Bomb blast."
Sanjay Gupta (American neurosurgeon and media reporter) quotes on Marijuana -
- "I have tried it"
“I am more convinced than ever that it is irresponsible to not provide
the best care we can, care that often may involve marijuana. I am not
backing down on medical marijuana; I am doubling down.”
have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the
United States (in regards to cannabis), and I apologize for my own
role in that.”
- “Marijuana is classified as a Schedule I substance, defined as (one of) the most dangerous drugs with no currently accepted medical use. Neither of those statements has ever been factual.”
Sebastian Marincolo (Published various articles)
quotes on Marijuana -
- “Marijuana enhances our mind in a way that enables us to take a different perspective from 'high up', to see and evaluate our own lives and the lives of others in a privileged way. Maybe this euphoric and elevating feeling of the ability to step outside the box and to look at life’s patterns from this high perspective is the inspiration behind the slang term “high” itself.”
- “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
- “The movie Koyaanisqatsi shows non-commented time-lapse footage and focuses our attention on the very rhythm of our civilized modern life and nature. A marijuana high can do something for a user similar to what this time-lapse footage does. The enhancement of episodic memory and the acceleration of associative streams of memories can alter and enhance our recognition of patterns in our lives in various ways. If we are presented with quick associative chains of past experiences, we can see a pattern in a body of information that is usually not at once presented to our “inner eye” as such.”
Snoop Dogg (American rapper and actor) quote on Marijuana -
"It makes me feel the way I need to feel."
Stephen Harper (22nd Prime Minister of Canadawith the Conservative Party) quotes on Marijuana -
- "No, it will not happen under our government," Harper said. “We're very concerned about the spread of drugs in the country and the damage it's doing and as you know we have legislation before the House [of Commons] to crack down."
- "In terms of whether I've ever tried or been tempted [to smoke marijuana]? In terms of tried, I think you know that I've said before that I'm asthmatic. I cannot smoke and have never smoked anything," Mr. Harper said. "In terms of temptation I will leave any comment on that to my dialogue with my maker."
- "We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption."
- "Hemp is the first necessity to the wealth and protection of a country."
William F. Buckley Jr. (American conservative author and commentator)
quotes on Marijuana -
- “The amount of money and of legal energy being
given to prosecute hundreds of thousands of Americans who are caught
with a few ounces of marijuana in their jeans simply makes no sense -
the kindest way to put it. A sterner way to put it is that it is an
outrage, an imposition on basic civil liberties and on the reasonable
expenditure of social energy.”
- "Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could."
Willie Nelson (American musician, singer, songwriter, author, poet, actor, and activist)
quotes on Marijuana -
- "I think people need to be educated to the fact
that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is a herb and a flower. God put
it here. If he put it here and wants it to grow, what gives the
government the right to sat that GOD is wrong?"
- "Don't tell me about health when you're talking about legalizing marijuana because it's not dangerous health-wise. I'm the canary in the mine, and I'm still healthy."
Woody Harrelson (American actor, activist and playwright)
quote on Marijuana -
- "Hemp was never about marijuana. Marijuana's about marijuana. That's consensual, victimless crime. That's saying, I think I should have the freedom to do whatever the hell I want to do if I'm living in a so-called free country, as long as I'm not hurting someone else. That's freedom."
- "I do smoke, but I don't go through all this trouble just because I want to make my drug of choice legal. It's about personal freedom. We should have the right in this country to do what we want, if we don't hurt anybody. Seventy-two million people in this country have smoked pot. Eighteen to 20 million in the last year. These people should not be treated as criminals."
Add another "Cannabis Quote" to this website
Click here to try again.