NIGHT SWEATS and cannabis studies completed
Night sweats are episodes of night-time sweating that soak your nightclothes or bedding and are related to some underlying cause.
may occasionally awaken after perspiring excessively, particularly if
you are sleeping under too many blankets or if your bedroom is too warm.
These episodes are usually not labelled as night sweats and, although uncomfortable, typically aren't a sign of a medical problem.
Medical conditions that can cause night sweats
- Autonomic neuropathy (damage to your autonomic nerves)
- Brucellosis (a bacterial infection)
- Carcinoid syndrome (a syndrome resulting from a certain type of cancerous tumor)
- Endocarditis (an infection of your heart lining)
- Hodgkin's lymphoma (Hodgkin's disease)
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Myelofibrosis (a bone marrow disorder)
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Osteomyelitis (a bone infection)
- Pheochromocytoma (a rare adrenal gland tumor)
- Pyogenic abscess (a pus-filled cavity caused by an infection)
- Sleep disorders (such as obstructive sleep apnea)
- Syringomyelia (a fluid-filled cyst in the spinal cord)