In Alphabetical order - FAMOUS PEOPLE'S CANNABIS QUOTES
Albert Einstein (German born Theoretical physicist) quote on Marijuana -
"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."
"When you return to this mundane sphere from your visionary world, you would seem to leave a Neapolitan spring for a Lapland winter - to quit paradise for earth - heaven for hell! Taste the hashish, guest of mine - taste the hashish!"
“The drug war is a total scam, prescription drugs kill 300K a year, while marijuana kills no one, but they spend billions/year 'fighting' it, because pot heads make for good little slaves to put into private prisons, owned by the banks who launder the drug money, and it's ALL DOCUMENTED.”
"Mr. Gore had said his cannabis consumption was 'infrequent and rare."
"I did experiment with marijuana when I was a youth."
Andy Warhol (American artist) quote on Marijuana -
"I think pot should be legal. I don't smoke it, but I like the smell of it."
Angelina Jolie (American Actor) quote on Marijuana -
"...the one that has the worst effect for me was pot. I felt silly and giggly - I hate feeling like that."
"That is not a drug, it's a leaf."
"If John Lennon is deported, I'm leaving too...with my musicians..and my marijuana."
"As for drugs, marijuana was the pharmaceutical of choice..."
“Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?”
- “New Rule: If an Evangelical tries to use Halloween to pimp Jesus to kids, they get to egg his house. On Halloween, the president of the American Family Association urged his flock to hand out a Christian-based comic book instead of candy. Excuse me, Halloween isn't a time to push your beliefs. You don't see me handing out pot to kids...Okay, well not the little kids.”
- "Look, I have never made a secret of the fact that I have tried marijuana... About 50,000 times."
Bill Murray (American actor and comedian) quote on Marijuana -
"Arrested and convicted for possessing nine pounds of marijuana in 1970."
"I'm an idiot anyway, but sometimes you feel like an idiot times ten when you're stoned."
- “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”
- “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”
- "Music and herb go together. It's been a long time now I smoke herb. From 1960's when I first start singing".
"I was hiding out from the celebrity thing, I was smoking way too much [marijuana]."
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”
Clarence Thomas (American judge and Associate Justice of the Supreme Court or the United States) quote on Marijuana -
“probably shouldn’t carry 30 pounds of marijuana,”
Conan O'Brein (American Comedian Talk-show host) quote on Marijuana -
"I've tried pot, but it doesn't do much for me."
Cornell Woolrich (American Author) quote on Marijuana -
“There was no time to weigh chances. There was no such thing as chances anyway, in the distorted perspective of the weed fumes.”
“One day in my pharmacology class, we were discussing the possibility of legalizing marijuana. The class was pretty evenly divided between those that advocated legalizing marijuana and those that did not. The professor said he wanted to hear from a few people on both sides of the argument. A couple students had the opportunity to stand in front of the class and present their arguments. One student got up and spoke about how any kind of marijuana use was morally wrong and how nobody in the class could give him any example of someone who needed marijuana.
A small girl in the back of the classroom raised her hand and said that she didn’t want to get up, but just wanted to comment that there are SOME situations in which people might need marijuana. The same boy from before spoke up and said that she needed to back up her statements and that he still stood by the fact that there wasn’t anyone who truly needed marijuana.
The same girl in the back of the classroom slowly stood up. As she raised her head to look at the boy, I could physically see her calling on every drop of confidence in her body. She told us that her husband had cancer. She started to tear up, as she related how he couldn’t take any of the painkillers to deal with the radiation and chemotherapy treatments. His body was allergic and would have violent reactions to them. She told us how he had finally given in and tried marijuana. Not only did it help him to feel better, but it allowed him to have enough of an appetite to get the nutrients he so desperately needed.
She started to sob as she told us that for the past month she had to meet with drug dealers to buy her husband the only medicine that would take the pain away. She struggled every day because according to society, she was a criminal, but she was willing to do anything she could to help her sick husband. Sobbing uncontrollably now, she ran out of the classroom. The whole classroom sat there in silence for a few minutes. Eventually, my professor asked, “Is there anyone that thinks this girl is doing something wrong?” Not one person raised their hand.”
Darrell Gates (Chief of L.A.P.D. & US Senate Judiciary Committee) quote on Marijuana -
"Casual drug users should be taken out and shot".
"We had an episode where Bud asks his dad, 'I was named after the beer, right, Dad?' And Ed O'Neill, who played my dad, says, 'Uh. . . . Right, son!' My theory is that Bud Bundy was named after marijuana.
"I went through one period when I smoked a surprising, a really breath-taking, amount of grass almost every night."
“And, to be honest, if weed is a gateway drug, then I really did hop the fence, but sometimes I can’t help but miss the sticky-sweet warmth of a good old fashioned hot box.”
Elizabeth May (Canadian politician and leader of The Green Party) quote on Marijuana -"I am not a fan of marijuana use. I have to confess this. I know all politicians are asked. I've never used marijuana. I apologize.
you skip one class, everyone knows about it. The teacher will track
you down, or one of the guidance counsellors will track you down and ask
if you're smoking pot. According to the geniuses running this place,
the only reason you would skip class is if you're smoking pot, though I
actually find my classes more enjoyable when I'm high.”
“In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care."
"In that state somebody came by and said. 'Gary? Would marijuana help do you think?' And my response was immediately, 'Yes, I don't know why I didn't think of it, but I think that would help immensely.' And it did."
"I didn’t live my life in the right way for politics, you know I fuc*ed too many chicks and did too many drugs, and that’s the truth… I drank the bong water."
"but it did not become a habit and I have not tasted it in many years."
George Washington (first President of the United States from 1789–1797) quote on Marijuana -
"Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere."
George W Bush (43rd President of the United States from 2001 to 2009) quote on Marijuana -
"I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."
Harry J Anslinger (assistant prohibition commissioner in the Bureau of Prohibition) quotes on Marijuana -
- "The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."
- "How many murders, suicides, robberies, criminal assaults, holdups, burglaries and deeds of maniacal insanity it causes each year, especially among the young, can only be conjectured...No one knows, when he places a marijuana cigarette to his lips, whether he will become a joyous reveller in a musical heaven, a mad insensate, a calm philosopher, or a murderer..."
- "Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and marijuana smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others. It is a drug that causes insanity, criminality, and death — the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."
- “In the year 1090, there was founded in Persia the religious and military order of the Assassins, whose history is one of cruelty, barbarity, and murder, and for good reason: the members were confirmed users of hashish, or marihuana, and it is from the Arabs’ ‘hashashin’ that we have the English word ‘assassin.’”
“Users of marijuana become STIMULATED as they inhale the drug and are LIKELY TO DO ANYTHING. Most crimes of violence in this section, especially in country districts are laid to users of that drug.” “Was it marijuana, the new Mexican drug, that nerved the murderous arm of Clara Phillips when she hammered out her victim’s life in Los Angeles?… THREE-FOURTHS OF THE CRIMES of violence in this country today are committed by DOPE SLAVES — that is a matter of cold record.”
“And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.”
Henry Ford (American industrialist, the founder of the Ford Motor Company.) quote on Marijuana -
"Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
"I'm for legalizing marijuana. Why pick on those drugs? Valium is legal. You just go to a doctor and get it and overdose on it - what's the difference? Prozac, all that stuff, so why not marijuana? Who cares? It's something that grows out of the ground - why not? Go smoke a head Billie Joe Armstrong of cabbage. I don't care what you smoke."
Hugh Hefner (American adult magazine publisher) quote on Marijuana -
"Smoking helped put me in touch with the realm of the senses."
- "Growing hemp as nature designed it is vital to our urgent need to reduce greenhouse gases and ensure the survival of our planet."
- "If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you'll add eight to 24 years to your life."
artists and writers have used cannabis for creative stimulation - from
the writers of the world's religious masterpieces to our most
- "The only dead bodies from marijuana are in the prisons and at the hands of the police. This is ridiculous."
- "Well, as I understand it, the main supporters are beer companies and the pharmaceutical companies. I'd like them to show me the dead bodies from marijuana. But they can't because there aren't any." "But you can count the dead bodies from alcohol, tobacco, and legal pharmaceuticals by the millions."
Jack Layton (Canadian politician) quote on Marijuana -
"Yes, and some might say I've never exhaled. "
Jack Nicholson (American actor) quote on Marijuana -
"My point of view, while extremely cogent, is unpopular. . . . That the repressive nature of the legalities vis-a-vis drugs are destroying the legal system and corrupting the police system."
Jay Leno (American comedian and television host) quote on Marijuana -
"Forty million Americans smoked marijuana; the only ones who didn't like it were Judge Ginberg, Clarence Thomas, and Bill Clinton"
Jennifer Aniston (American actress) quote on Marijuana - " I enjoy smoking and I see no harm in it".
Jon Stewart (American comedian) quote on Marijuana - "Do you know how many movies I wrote when I was high?"
Justin Trudeau (23rd Prime Minister of Canada) quotes on Marijuana -
- “No, it wasn’t a mistake,” Trudeau told journalists in Quebec City.
- “I do not consume cannabis. I am not a big consumer at all. I tried it…
- “I’ve never tried other types of hard drugs. I am not a consumer of marijuana but, yes, I’ve already tried it. I used it – maybe five or six times in my life.”
- "The continued prohibition of cannabis jeopardizes the health and well-being of Canadians much more than does the substance itself."
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (American retired professional basketball player) quote on Marijuana - "I use it to control the nausea which comes with the headaches"
Lebron James (American professional basketball player) quote on Marijuana - "James also revealed he and his teammates smoked marijuana one night after getting access to a hotel room in Akron."
Louis Armstrong (American trumpeter, composer and singer) quote on Marijuana - It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics...dope and all that crap. It's a thousand times better than whiskey - it's an assistant - a friend."
Madonna (American singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, and businesswoman) quote on Marijuana - "It [my behaviour on the show in 1994] wasn't because I was excited about you [David Letterman]. I think it may have had something to do with the joint I smoked before I came on."
Mark Emery (Canadian cannabis activist) quote on Marijuana - “I am blessed by what the DEA has done. I'd rather see marijuana legalized than me being saved from a U.S. jail.”
Maya Angelou (American poet, memoirist, and civil rights activist) quote on Marijuana - "Angelou settled into a job as a waitress and began smoking marijuana with abandon."
Michael Bloomberg (American business magnate, politician, and philanthropist) quote on Marijuana - "You bet I did. And I enjoyed it."
Newt Gingrich (American political consultant) quote on Marijuana - "That was a sign we were alive and in graduate school in that era."
Norman Mailer (American novelist, journalist, essayist, playwright, film-maker, actor, and political activist) quote on Marijuana - "One's condition on marijuana is always existential. One can feel the importance of each moment and how it is changing one. One feels one's being, one becomes aware of the enormous apparatus of nothingness -- the hum of a hi-fi set, the emptiness of a pointless interruption, one becomes aware of the war between each of us, how the nothingness in each of us seeks to attack the being of others, how our being in turn is attacked by the nothingness in others"
Porque le falta, Marihuana que fumar."
English translation quote on Marijuana - "The cockroach, the cockroach, you would not walk, because you do not have marijuana to smoke."
Richard Branson (English business magnate, investor, and philanthropist) wrote "Millions of otherwise productive lives are wasted in jail for marijuana possession and other nonviolent drug violations. California alone could raise an estimated US $1.4B in annual revenue if it taxed and regulated the sale of marijuana – so imagine the revenue that is keeping the underworld in business."
Sanjay Gupta (American neurosurgeon and media reporter) quotes on Marijuana -
- "I have tried it"
- “I am more convinced than ever that it is irresponsible to not provide the best care we can, care that often may involve marijuana. I am not backing down on medical marijuana; I am doubling down.”
- “We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States (in regards to cannabis), and I apologize for my own role in that.”
- “Marijuana is classified as a Schedule I substance, defined as (one of) the most dangerous drugs with no currently accepted medical use. Neither of those statements has ever been factual.”
Sebastian Marincolo (Published various articles) quotes on Marijuana - “Marijuana enhances our mind in a way that enables us to take a different perspective from 'high up', to see and evaluate our own lives and the lives of others in a privileged way. Maybe this euphoric and elevating feeling of the ability to step outside the box and to look at life’s patterns from this high perspective is the inspiration behind the slang term “high” itself.”
- “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
- “The movie Koyaanisqatsi shows non-commented time-lapse footage and focuses our attention on the very rhythm of our civilized modern life and nature. A marijuana high can do something for a user similar to what this time-lapse footage does. The enhancement of episodic memory and the acceleration of associative streams of memories can alter and enhance our recognition of patterns in our lives in various ways. If we are presented with quick associative chains of past experiences, we can see a pattern in a body of information that is usually not at once presented to our “inner eye” as such.”
Snoop Dogg (American rapper and actor) quote on Marijuana - "It makes me feel the way I need to feel."
Seth MacFarlane (American television producer, filmmaker, actor, and singer) quote on Marijuana - "I don't smoke much pot anymore."
Stephen Harper (22nd Prime Minister of Canada) quotes on Marijuana -
- "No, it will not happen under our government," Harper said. “We're very concerned about the spread of drugs in the country and the damage it's doing and as you know we have legislation before the House [of Commons] to crack down."
- "In terms of whether I've ever tried or been tempted [to smoke marijuana]? In terms of tried, I think you know that I've said before that I'm asthmatic. I cannot smoke and have never smoked anything," Mr. Harper said. "In terms of temptation I will leave any comment on that to my dialogue with my maker."
- "We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption".
- "Hemp is the first necessity to the wealth and protection of a country."
William F. Buckley Jr. (American conservative author and commentator) quotes on Marijuana - “The amount of money and of legal energy being given to prosecute hundreds of thousands of Americans who are caught with a few ounces of marijuana in their jeans simply makes no sense - the kindest way to put it. A sterner way to put it is that it is an outrage, an imposition on basic civil liberties and on the reasonable expenditure of social energy.”
- "Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could."
Willie Nelson (American musician, singer, songwriter, author, poet, actor, and activist) quotes on Marijuana - "I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is a herb and a flower. God put it here. If he put it here and wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to sat that GOD is wrong?"
- "Don't tell me about health when you're talking about legalizing marijuana because it's not dangerous health-wise. I'm the canary in the mine, and I'm still healthy."
Woody Harrelson (American actor, activist and playwright) quote on Marijuana - "Hemp was never about marijuana. Marijuana's about marijuana. That's consensual, victimless crime. That's saying, I think I should have the freedom to do whatever the hell I want to do if I'm living in a so-called free country, as long as I'm not hurting someone else. That's freedom."
- "I do smoke, but I don't go through all this trouble just because I want to make my drug of choice legal. It's about personal freedom. We should have the right in this country to do what we want, if we don't hurt anybody. Seventy-two million people in this country have smoked pot. Eighteen to 20 million in the last year. These people should not be treated as criminals."